5. Flybe Group is close to being taken over by a consortium led by Richard Branson’s Virgin Atlantic.
According to Sky an offer worth significantly less than the company’s closing share price yesterday will be announced to the London Stock Exchange today.
4. Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) has confirmed it is cutting 4,500 jobs, with the substantial majority coming from its 40,000 strong UK workforce.
Most will be in office roles as the company wants to simplify its management structure.
3. Economists estimate that the US government shutdown is costing an average of just over $1bn a week.
2. Honda UK has said it will shut down its Swindon factory for six days in April as part of its preparations for any disruption caused post-Brexit.
1. The "whole world" wants the UK to avoid a no-deal Brexit, Japan's PM has claimed, after talks with Theresa May yesterday.
On today's podcast: W Resources provide an update on progress at La Parrilla, its tungsten-tin mine in Spain. Emmerson completes the Environmental Baseline Study at their potash project. Malcy talks about: Eco Atlantic O&G, Range Res, Bahamas Petroleum & Hurricane Energy. John Stepek author of Sceptical Investor.
SP Angel daily look at commodities and miners, featuring: Bluebird Merchant Ventures* (BMV LN) – Funding raised to complete pre-construction phase for Gubong gold mine Cora Gold* (CORA LN) – Sanankoro oxides demonstrate up to 97% gold recoveries Chaarat Gold* (CGH LN) – Joint venture to build gold mine in Kyrgyzstan Strategic Minerals* (SML LN) – Moving to 100% ownership of Redmoor
John Peters, Managing Director of Strategic Minerals, commented: "The recent resource upgrade has highlighted the potential world class nature of the Redmoor Tin/Tungsten project and has given the Board confidence to consolidate control.”
Five financial stories, trending today in a 70 second podcast, including: Accrording to the the British Chambers of Commerce, UK companies look set to cut investment by the most in 10 years in 2019 because of Brexit, even if Prime Minister Theresa May gets a deal to ease the country out of the bloc.