5. Flybe Group is close to being taken over by a consortium led by Richard Branson’s Virgin Atlantic.
According to Sky an offer worth significantly less than the company’s closing share price yesterday will be announced to the London Stock Exchange today.
4. Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) has confirmed it is cutting 4,500 jobs, with the substantial majority coming from its 40,000 strong UK workforce.
Most will be in office roles as the company wants to simplify its management structure.
3. Economists estimate that the US government shutdown is costing an average of just over $1bn a week.
2. Honda UK has said it will shut down its Swindon factory for six days in April as part of its preparations for any disruption caused post-Brexit.
1. The "whole world" wants the UK to avoid a no-deal Brexit, Japan's PM has claimed, after talks with Theresa May yesterday.
On today's podcast, Paul Haywood, Chief Executive Officer of Block Energy (BLOE) on their initial production results from Norio field and the progress they are making at their West Rustavi field.
Kodal Minerals said it is on track to complete a Mineral Resource estimate update to include all drilling results to date. The project is attracting the attention of investors and off-take partners interested in securing a long-term supply of lithium.
SP Angel morning look at commodities and miners, featuring: Bushveld Minerals* (BMN LN) BUY – Target Price 87p – China to better enforce vanadium compliance Cornish Lithium (Private Company) – Completion of further funding round Ironveld (IRON LN) – Vanadium ore bulk sample delivered to potential off-taker Kodal Minerals* (KOD LN) – Bougouni drilling results LSC Lithium (LSC CN) – LSC Lithium enters definitive arrangement agreement to be acquired by Pluspetrol Rio Tinto (RIO LN) – Q4 and 2018 production results highlight copper Shanta Gold (SHG LN) – $325k worth of convertibles bought back Vast Resources (VAST LN) – $5.5m Mercuria Tranche B update
Five financial stories, trending today in a 70 second podcast, including: A shopping centre has been put up for auction with a starting price of £1 in a move underlining the crisis facing retail landlords. Columbia Threadneedle Investments, the large City fund manager, is selling the Postings Centre in Kirkcaldy, Fife, on behalf of a pension fund.