5. A judge has hit pause on a major US government contract in a win for Amazon, which had challenged the award.
The tech giant, which had been favoured to win the cloud computing deal, sued last year after the US Defense Department gave the opportunity to arch-rival Microsoft instead.
4. Three is rolling out 5G mobile to major cities including London, Glasgow and Birmingham from the end of the month, joining its larger rivals in offering next-generation services on new 5G-enabled handsets.
3. Poundland says it had sold almost 40,000 engagement rings ahead of Valentine's Day this year, nearly double last year's tally.
The £1 "Bling Rings" and "Man Bands" are meant to be used as "placeholders" for proper rings, it said.
2. U.S. prosecutors have accused Huawei of stealing trade secrets and helping Iran track protesters in its latest indictment against the Chinese company, escalating the U.S. battle with the world’s largest telecommunications equipment maker.
1. Boris Johnson's new cabinet will meet for the first time later, following a reshuffle that saw Sajid Javid quit his role as chancellor.
The prime minister had offered to reappoint Mr Javid on the condition he fire his team of aides a demand rejected by Mr Javid which means Rishi Sunak, former chief secretary to the Treasury, has been appointed as the new Chancellor.
The information, investment views and recommendations in this article are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing in this article should be construed as a solicitation to buy or sell any financial product relating to any companies under discussion or to engage in or refrain from doing so or engaging in any other transaction. Any opinions or comments are made to the best of the knowledge and belief of the writer but no responsibility is accepted for actions based on such opinions or comments. Vox Markets may receive payment from companies mentioned for enhanced profiling or publication presence. The writer may or may not hold investments in the companies under discussion.
Nuformix discusses the appointment of Dr Karl Keegan. Open Orphan talks about the appointment of Chair to their new advisory board. Chris Bailey covers Lloyds & Smith & Nephew.