5. British businesses have turned gloomier about the economy as the country’s political crisis deepens, bucking an improvement in sentiment earlier this year, according to a survey by the Institute of Directors (IoD).
4. William Hill has said it plans to close about 700 betting shops, which could lead to 4,500 job losses.
The firm said the move followed the government's decision in April to reduce the maximum stake on fixed-odds betting terminals to £2.
3. Boris Johnson, said yesterday that the government has to find a way to tax global technology giants, like Facebook, Amazon, Netflix and Google, on their income.
2. Britain’s high street retailers saw sales fall by 0.8% last month compared with June last year, the 16th time in the last 17 months that in-store sales have shown no growth.
1. Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) will announce later today an investment worth hundreds of millions of pounds in electric vehicle-making.
The money will prepare its Castle Bromwich plant for building electric cars.
The information, investment views and recommendations in this article are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing in this article should be construed as a solicitation to buy or sell any financial product relating to any companies under discussion or to engage in or refrain from doing so or engaging in any other transaction. Any opinions or comments are made to the best of the knowledge and belief of the writer but no responsibility is accepted for actions based on such opinions or comments. Vox Markets may receive payment from companies mentioned for enhanced profiling or publication presence. The writer may or may not hold investments in the companies under discussion.
The UK intellectual property investment group believes this particular partnership will flourish, in part, thanks to UTEQ’s prime location in the “high-tech zone” of Queretaro, cultivating the region’s technology and innovation scene.
On Today's Podcast: Emmerson's Head of Corporate Development Philip Cleggett; Sheldon Modeland, research analyst at Turner Pope Investments; Daniel Rabie, CEO, and Paul Haworth, CFO, of GetBusy
SP Angel research note on commodities and miners, featuring: Condor Gold (CNR LN) – Progress report on permitting IronRidge Resources* (IRR LN) – Zaranou license high-grade gold Petropavlovsk (POG LN) – H1 2019 production results Shanta Gold (SHG LN) – Ilunga underground mine achieved commercial production
BP is to expand its Brazilian biofuels business by combining it with a larger rival in a move that it said would help the transition to lower-carbon energy, British Airways is launching legal action to block its pilots from staging a potentially disruptive walkout this summer
SP Angel research note on commodities and miners, featuring: Galantas Gold (GAL LN) – Kearney Vein intersected on 1060 level of the Omagh mine Petra Diamonds (PDL LN) – Meets production guidance for year to 30th June Serabi Gold (SRB LN) – Production guidance maintained following Q2 results Tri-Star Resources* (TSTR LN) – SPMP report first antimony metal production