5. Germany has slashed its 2019 growth forecast almost in half for their economy to 0.9% from 1.7%, pointing to growing headwinds for Europe's biggest economy.
4. British employers cut the number of staff they hired through recruitment agencies last month for the first time since July 2016, providing mounting evidence of business caution ahead of Brexit.
3. Asian stocks lost ground on today as investors worried about a broadening global economic slowdown, with sentiment not helped by the absence of any positive signs for a resolution in the U.S.-China trade row.
2. The government's housing planning system is unable to demonstrate it is meeting housing demand effectively, the National Audit Office (NAO) has said.
The government wants 300,000 new homes a year from the mid-2020s onwards.
1. The Bank of England expects growth this year to be the slowest since 2009 when the economy was in recession.
It is forecasting growth of 1.2% this year, down from its previous forecast of 1.7% made in November.
The information, investment views and recommendations in this article are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing in this article should be construed as a solicitation to buy or sell any financial product relating to any companies under discussion or to engage in or refrain from doing so or engaging in any other transaction. Any opinions or comments are made to the best of the knowledge and belief of the writer but no responsibility is accepted for actions based on such opinions or comments. Vox Markets may receive payment from companies mentioned for enhanced profiling or publication presence. The writer may or may not hold investments in the companies under discussion.
On today's podcast: Russ Mould talks about: Strix Group (KETL), Renold (RNO), CVS Group (CVSG) and the US Economy.
Amerisur said: “In light of the high level of recent activity in the Colombian E&P sector, it has decided to conduct a formal review of the various strategic options available to the Company to maximise value for shareholders.”
SP Angel research note on commodities and miners, featuring: BlueRock Diamonds* (BRD LN) – 12.2ct diamond sold for US$105,000 Cora Gold* (CORA LN) – Drilling returns good grades in the sulphide mineralisation at Selin Highland Gold (HGM LN) – Q2 production update Solgold* (SOLG LN) – Expanding the drilling fleet to expedite the PFS
On Today's Podcast: John Meyer talks about Phoenix Copper Limited (PXC), Mkango Resources (MKA) and ARC Minerals (ARCM)