5. Mike Ashley's Sports Direct has cancelled a bid for collapsed cafe chain Patisserie Valerie, just two days after making an offer.
Sports Direct offered £15m, but was told by administrator KPMG it would need to offer up to £2m more than this.
4. According to the TUC, people on zero-hour contracts are more than twice as likely to work night shifts, and are paid a third less an hour, than other workers.
The Trade Union concluded the "exploitative" system should be banned.
3. Research from the London School of Economics’ Center has revealed the 2016 Brexit vote led to a 12% increase in foreign direct investment transactions, from Britain into the EU between mid-2016 and September 2018.
2. Philip Hammond must spend billions extra to end austerity, says think tank the Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS).
To maintain per capita spending across government departments which don't have ring-fenced budgets, he must find an extra £5bn a year by 2023.
1. Theresa May has responded to Jeremy Corbyn's letter setting out his five demands for a Brexit deal.
The prime minister rejected his call for the UK to stay in a customs union with the EU but welcomed more talks with Labour on a Brexit agreement.
Upland Resources provide a corporate update on their portfolio of upstream assets. Bezant Resources talk about their option to acquire a 50% interest in the Buffalo Copper / Gold Project in Zambia.
Christopher Kennedy, Regional Managing Director - Asia of Keywords Studios commented: "We are thrilled to welcome Guillaume and the Wizcorp team to join our fast-growing operations in Tokyo where we already employ 300 people. Japan is one of the world's most significant game development hubs and has a long history in this industry.”
SP Angel research note on commodities and miners, featuring: Alexander Mining (AXM LN) Lithium joint venture research on lithium leaves zinnwaldite as last hope for heap leach potential IronRidge Resources* (IRR LN) – Exploration licence granted at Zaranou gold project Serabi Gold (SRB LN) – Coringa mineral resource report Sirius Minerals () – Shaft sinking pictures show rapid development at Woodsmith mine in Yorkshire Sunstone Metals (STM AU) – Bramaderos copper/gold project in Ecuador Thor Mining* (THR LN) – Moonta Copper project Trans-Siberian Gold (TSG LN) – Development and exploration license secured on the Rodnikova Au/Ag deposit
Salarius, as both developer and manufacturer, has launched production of MicroSalt, the company’s new, proprietary low sodium salt. The company has not only begun production of its product, it has also found a first customer to incorporate MicroSalt into their snack food business
Five financial stories, trending today in a 70 second podcast, including: Britain has broken its record for the longest continuous period without generating electricity from coal. National Grid said that the coal-free period lasted more than 90 hours before coming to an end on Monday afternoon and is the longest period since the industrial revolution and breaks the previous record set in April 2018.