5. Thousands of passengers could save money on rail fares as "split tickets" become more common, experts predict.
Buying multiple tickets to split one journey into sections can work out to be cheaper than having a single ticket.
4. More parents now feel under pressure to check their work emails in the evening, according to a new report.
The 2020 Modern Families Index found that 44% of parents check their emails or do other work at night.
3. Bank of England policymaker Silvana Tenreyro said she would be inclined to back an interest rate cut in the coming months if growth does not pick up, adding to suggestions that the central bank is edging towards pumping more stimulus into the economy.
2. One of Britain's oldest department stores has warned that it could collapse into administration.
Beales, which began trading in Bournemouth in 1881, said 22 stores and 1,000 jobs were at stake if it cannot find a buyer.
1. A survey of 94 banks, insurers and investment management firms shows optimism in Britain’s financial services sector rose in the last quarter to snap a four-year decline, with business volumes also predicted to grow in coming weeks.
The information, investment views and recommendations in this article are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing in this article should be construed as a solicitation to buy or sell any financial product relating to any companies under discussion or to engage in or refrain from doing so or engaging in any other transaction. Any opinions or comments are made to the best of the knowledge and belief of the writer but no responsibility is accepted for actions based on such opinions or comments. Vox Markets may receive payment from companies mentioned for enhanced profiling or publication presence. The writer may or may not hold investments in the companies under discussion.
SP Angel research note on commodities and miners, featuring: Rio Tinto (RIO LN) – Q4 and 2019 production results highlight “value over volume” Sibanye-Stillwater - cuts close to 1,142 jobs at the Marikana platinum mines despite record palladium prices
Russ Mould, Investment Director at stockbroker AJ Bell talks about Five Ways to Take the Markets’ Temperature.
The news follows two initial orders made by the group’s Nigerian distribution partner for a combined total of 250,000 tests in December which Omega said at the time remained conditional upon MOH’s approval of the test into Nigeria’s national HIV policy.
“The process to finalise a tariff offer for submission to EDM is well underway and on track for submission in Q1 2020,” said Chief Executive, Hanno Pengilly, commenting on the power project which epitomises one of the fastest growing sectors in Africa today.
Paul Duffen, Executive Chairman of the Company, commented: "Having 100% ownership of Bet90 represents significant progress towards our stated objective to refocus the business on the core activity of online sportsbook and casino operations.”