5. Europe and Britain’s car industries called the two sides to urgently clinch a free trade agreement, warning that a disorderly Brexit would cost the sector 110 billion euros (£101.79 billion) in lost trade over the next five years.
4. ARM Holdings a UK based computer chip designer is being sold to the American graphics chip specialist Nvidia for $40bn (£31.2bn).
The deal was struck by current owner, Japanese conglomerate Softbank, four years after it acquired ARM for $32bn.
3. Microsoft has said that its offer to buy the US operations of hugely popular video-sharing app TikTok has been rejected, paving the way for Oracle to make a last-minute bid.
Donald Trump gave a 15th September deadline for the Chinese-owned app to sell or shut down.
2. Employers in Britain are planning more than twice as many redundancies than they did at the height of the last recession, new figures show.
About 180,000 job cuts were planned from January to March 2009, while 380,000 were planned from May to July this year.
1. Restrictions banning social gatherings of more than six people have come into effect in England, following a rise in coronavirus cases.
The "rule of six", which applies both indoors and outdoors, does not exempt children under 12 in England.
The information, investment views and recommendations in this article are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing in this article should be construed as a solicitation to buy or sell any financial product relating to any companies under discussion or to engage in or refrain from doing so or engaging in any other transaction. Any opinions or comments are made to the best of the knowledge and belief of the writer but no responsibility is accepted for actions based on such opinions or comments. Vox Markets may receive payment from companies mentioned for enhanced profiling or publication presence. The writer may or may not hold investments in the companies under discussion.
Toople discusses their trading statement. Versarien form The Versarien Graphene Advisory Panel. Vadim Alexandre on Novacyt's #NCYT multi - hundred million pound DHSC contract.
Toople, a provider of bespoke telecom services to UK SMEs, has announced its successful restructuring is now expected to deliver annualised cost synergies of £1.6m from 1 October 2020. The reduced overhead, and expanding operating margins as the Company focusses on higher value customers, is expected to significantly accelerate the Company’s path to profitability and positive cashflow.
United Oil & Gas PLC (AIM: "UOG"), the growing oil and gas company with a portfolio of production, development, exploration and appraisal assets has reported its maiden revenue and positive operating cashflow.
Pires Investments plc (AIM: PIRI), the investment company focused on next generation technology, has announced Admix has extended its Series A round to raise further $1.5 million from leading gaming investors from Zynga and Dentsu Aegis.
Britain will launch training options for adults to learn new skills in an effort to boost productivity and help the country recover from the coronavirus crisis, Boris Johnson will announce today. The unemployment rate, already at over 4%, is expected to rise further as a job subsidy scheme put in place early in the pandemic expires next month to be replaced by a scaled-back job support programme.