5. Drinks giant Diageo has announced that it is removing plastic from multipacks of its drinks including Guinness.
Its part of their £16m initiative which sees its multi-can packs sold in "100% recyclable and biodegradable cardboard".
4. Debenhams boss Sergio Bucher is expected to step down following the struggling department store chain's recent takeover by its lenders.
3. British foreign minister Jeremy Hunt will seek to reassure Japanese carmaker Toyota today, that the government is focused on avoiding a no-deal exit from the European Union and ensuring tariff-free trade between Britain and the EU.
2. TSB has become the first UK bank to pledge to refund customers who fall victim to any type of fraud.
The move comes as the bank tries to rebuild its image after an IT meltdown last April left 1.9 million customers unable to access their own money.
1. A growing number of large British-based businesses are prioritizing cashflow, fearing a downturn, as their view of the long-term economic impact of Brexit has darkened to its most negative so far, accountancy firm Deloitte said today.
The information, investment views and recommendations in this article are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing in this article should be construed as a solicitation to buy or sell any financial product relating to any companies under discussion or to engage in or refrain from doing so or engaging in any other transaction. Any opinions or comments are made to the best of the knowledge and belief of the writer but no responsibility is accepted for actions based on such opinions or comments. Vox Markets may receive payment from companies mentioned for enhanced profiling or publication presence. The writer may or may not hold investments in the companies under discussion.
On the podcast today: Galileo Resources discuss their initial inferred mineral resource estimate of their Star Zinc project. John Meyer talks about: Cora Gold, Power Metal Resources & Metal Tiger.
SP Angel research note on commodities and miners, featuring: AfriTin Mining* (ATM LN) – Uis tin project drill results Cora Gold* (CORA LN) – Metallurgical tests show 97% recoveries at Sanankoro Chaarat Gold* (CGH LN) – Annual results highlight Tulkubash growth/development progress and Kapan acquisition Katoro Gold (KAT LN) – Fully funded drill program planned for key targets at Haneti nickel sulphide project in Tanzania Kodal Minerals* (KOD LN) – Drilling update from Bougouni lithium project Power Metals Resources* (POW LN) – Major drill targets confirmed at Haneti Nickel Project Savannah Resources* (SAV LN) – Exercise option to acquire Aldeia mining lease
600 million people are set to gain access to electricity in the next decade, in an attempt to make a dent in the around 1 billion people who are still not connected. In this effort, experts in the energy sector are turning to an innovative solution-- off-grid energy systems.
Dr Clifford Gross, Chairman at Tekcapital commented: "We are delighted to see that Guident has exclusively acquired additional intellectual property rights to further enhance the adoption and utilization of AV's and drones."
Five financial stories, trending today in a 60 second podcast, including: Up to 20 million manufacturing jobs around the world could be replaced by robots by 2030, according to analysis firm Oxford Economics.
On today's podcast: Bigblu Broadband provide a trading update. C4X Discovery discuss their collaboration with PhoreMost. Alan Green talks about Bidstack, Tiziana Life Sciences, RA International, IMC Exploration & Thomas Cook Group.