5. Five people have been arrested and questioned over alleged accounting fraud at the Patisserie Valerie chain, the Serious Fraud Office has said.
4. Big companies are scrambling to grab a share of the $150bn (£119bn) global cannabis market, eyeing products as diverse as beer and dog treats.
3. By the end of September, the European Central Bank will either cut its deposit rate or ease its forward guidance further by pledging to keep interest rates lower for longer, according to a majority of economists in a Reuters poll.
2. A £100m fund has been established to help UK firms capitalise on the boom in offshore wind.
With the UK so well suited to exploiting wind power, turbines have been erected in more than 30 locations from Brighton to the Moray Firth.
1. Britain will see the slowest growth in consumer spending in 2019 in six years, piling even more pressure on retailers, EY ITEM Club forecast today.
It said it expects spending to rise by 1.6% over last year, although that would be faster than an estimated 1.3% growth in the broader UK economy in 2019.
The information, investment views and recommendations in this article are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing in this article should be construed as a solicitation to buy or sell any financial product relating to any companies under discussion or to engage in or refrain from doing so or engaging in any other transaction. Any opinions or comments are made to the best of the knowledge and belief of the writer but no responsibility is accepted for actions based on such opinions or comments. Vox Markets may receive payment from companies mentioned for enhanced profiling or publication presence. The writer may or may not hold investments in the companies under discussion.
On today's podcast: Russ Mould talks about: Strix Group (KETL), Renold (RNO), CVS Group (CVSG) and the US Economy.
Amerisur said: “In light of the high level of recent activity in the Colombian E&P sector, it has decided to conduct a formal review of the various strategic options available to the Company to maximise value for shareholders.”
SP Angel research note on commodities and miners, featuring: BlueRock Diamonds* (BRD LN) – 12.2ct diamond sold for US$105,000 Cora Gold* (CORA LN) – Drilling returns good grades in the sulphide mineralisation at Selin Highland Gold (HGM LN) – Q2 production update Solgold* (SOLG LN) – Expanding the drilling fleet to expedite the PFS
On Today's Podcast: John Meyer talks about Phoenix Copper Limited (PXC), Mkango Resources (MKA) and ARC Minerals (ARCM)