5. A new share index focused on China's technology giants has been launched by Hong Kong's stock market.
The Hang Seng TECH Index went live today and includes internet giants such as Tencent, Alibaba and JD.com.
4. Britain will launch a consultation today to establish ways to better protect consumers when retailers suffer insolvency and customers have pre-paid for goods.
3. Gold hit an all-time high of $1,938 dollars per ounce today as tit-for-tat consulate closures in China and the United States rattled investors, boosting the allure of safe haven assets.
2. London-listed companies are more profitable when women make up more than one in three executive roles, according to new research.
Listed firms where at least one-third of the bosses are women have a profit margin more than 10 times greater than those without.
1. The UK's biggest tour operator, Tui, has cancelled all mainland Spanish holidays until 9th August.
The move comes after the government imposed a 14-day quarantine on people arriving in the UK from Spain.
The information, investment views and recommendations in this article are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing in this article should be construed as a solicitation to buy or sell any financial product relating to any companies under discussion or to engage in or refrain from doing so or engaging in any other transaction. Any opinions or comments are made to the best of the knowledge and belief of the writer but no responsibility is accepted for actions based on such opinions or comments. Vox Markets may receive payment from companies mentioned for enhanced profiling or publication presence. The writer may or may not hold investments in the companies under discussion.
Majid Shafiq, CEO of i3 Energy (AIM:I3E), and CFO, Graham Heath, discuss today’s follow-on deal to sell the Gain assets to Harvard Resources which will occur following the completion of the group’s previously announced C$80 million reverse takeover .
i3 Energy plc, an independent oil and gas company with assets and operations in the UK, Final Results for the year ended 31 December 2019 show significant operational progress for the pre-revenue company with net loss of £10.8m. To fund the Gain acquisition announced post period end in 2020, i3 is proposing to raise £30 million at a price of 5 pence per share, an 18% discount to the closing mid-price at which i3's shares suspended on 23 June 2020.
Oilex, the Operator of the PSC and on behalf of the JDPA joint venture, has reached amicable settlement with JPDA in East Timor with a settlement of US$0.8m payable in 2021 and 2022 financial years. The settlement amount is fully provided for in the FY19 accounts.
Shield Therapeutics said a reanalysis of the AEGIS-H2H study for its iron deficiency lead product Feraccru®/Accrufer® has confirmed the product as a credible alternative to IV therapy for patients with iron deficiency anaemia.