5. Asian share markets began the week lower as the relentless spread of the coronavirus finally made investors question their optimism on the global economy.
4. Starbucks has announced it will suspend advertising on some social media platforms in response to hate speech.
The coffee giant joins global brands including Coca-Cola, Diageo and Unilever which have recently removed advertising from social platforms.
3. An extra £14bn is needed each year to help the UK meet its climate commitments, a new think tank report suggests.
Green Alliance says the cash is needed for clean transport, nature restoration, and low-carbon buildings.
2. Travel companies say holiday bookings have "exploded" after the government announced current restrictions will be eased.
Ministers said from 6 July, blanket restrictions on non-essential overseas travel will be relaxed in the UK.
1. Boris Johnson has pledged his government will "not go back to the austerity of 10 years ago" ahead of a speech on Tuesday.
In an interview the Prime Minister set out his plans for a post-lockdown economic recovery which include a new taskforce which will look at speeding up the building of hospitals, schools and roads.
The information, investment views and recommendations in this article are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing in this article should be construed as a solicitation to buy or sell any financial product relating to any companies under discussion or to engage in or refrain from doing so or engaging in any other transaction. Any opinions or comments are made to the best of the knowledge and belief of the writer but no responsibility is accepted for actions based on such opinions or comments. Vox Markets may receive payment from companies mentioned for enhanced profiling or publication presence. The writer may or may not hold investments in the companies under discussion.
Union Jack Oil provides updates on operations at their West Newton and Wressle prospects. Vadim Alexandre, discusses: Feedback & Polarean Imaging. Glen Goodman on Bitcoin & Silver.
Union Jack Oil said it has seen significant progress at the West Newton B drilling site over the last few months despite the challenges faced as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. It now looks forward to further drilling at West Newton with a fully funded program.
Blencowe Resources has commissioned SGS Lakefield to undertake further metallurgical assessment of its Orom-Cross graphite project in Northern Uganda to confirm Total Graphite Content of +95%, high recoveries, concentrate grade and maximising flake sizing.
Open Orphan has inked a new contract with Carna Bioscience, which is expected to deliver significant revenue, over the next twelve months. This contract and extension to the CMC contracts further demonstrates the refocus of Venn Life Sciences since Open Orphan took over the company last June to secure long-term partnership contracts which deliver recurring revenues for the business.