5. The gap between how much people earn in London and the rest of the country has narrowed since the early 2000s, according to the Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS).
4. Donald Trump has agreed to give China’s ByteDance 45 days to negotiate a sale of popular short-video app TikTok to Microsoft, if they want to avoid a ban in the U.S.
3. Diners across the UK will be able to enjoy half-price meals throughout August from today, as part of a government scheme aimed at boosting restaurants and pubs post-lockdown.
"Eat out to help out" applies to eat-in food and drink on Monday to Wednesdays at more than 72,000 venues and offers discount capped at £10 per person and does not apply to alcohol.
2. HSBC posted a 65% drop in first-half pre-tax profit, more than expected, as the coronavirus pandemic and its impact on businesses forced the Asia-focused bank to boost its loan-loss provisions.
1. New "life-saving" 90-minute tests which can detect coronavirus and flu will be rolled out in care homes and laboratories from next week.
The "on-the-spot" swab and DNA tests will help distinguish between Covid-19 and other seasonal illnesses, the government said.
The information, investment views and recommendations in this article are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing in this article should be construed as a solicitation to buy or sell any financial product relating to any companies under discussion or to engage in or refrain from doing so or engaging in any other transaction. Any opinions or comments are made to the best of the knowledge and belief of the writer but no responsibility is accepted for actions based on such opinions or comments. Vox Markets may receive payment from companies mentioned for enhanced profiling or publication presence. The writer may or may not hold investments in the companies under discussion.
(Sharecast News) - London stocks finished weaker on Tuesday, with investors choosing to sit on their hands ahead of an eagerly-awaited televised debate in the evening between US President Donald Trump and the Democratic contender for the White House, Joe Biden.
Toople discusses their trading statement. Versarien form The Versarien Graphene Advisory Panel. Vadim Alexandre on Novacyt's #NCYT multi - hundred million pound DHSC contract.
Toople, a provider of bespoke telecom services to UK SMEs, has announced its successful restructuring is now expected to deliver annualised cost synergies of £1.6m from 1 October 2020. The reduced overhead, and expanding operating margins as the Company focusses on higher value customers, is expected to significantly accelerate the Company’s path to profitability and positive cashflow.
United Oil & Gas PLC (AIM: "UOG"), the growing oil and gas company with a portfolio of production, development, exploration and appraisal assets has reported its maiden revenue and positive operating cashflow.
Pires Investments plc (AIM: PIRI), the investment company focused on next generation technology, has announced Admix has extended its Series A round to raise further $1.5 million from leading gaming investors from Zynga and Dentsu Aegis.
Britain will launch training options for adults to learn new skills in an effort to boost productivity and help the country recover from the coronavirus crisis, Boris Johnson will announce today. The unemployment rate, already at over 4%, is expected to rise further as a job subsidy scheme put in place early in the pandemic expires next month to be replaced by a scaled-back job support programme.