5. The future price of orange juice has spiked by more than 20% this month as consumers look for healthy products during the coronavirus pandemic.
While demand has risen, supply has been hit as producers struggle to transport goods due to transport restrictions.
4. The government has ordered 10,000 ventilators from Dyson to help deal with the coronavirus crisis.
The firm, headed by British inventor Sir James Dyson, said it had designed a new type of ventilator in response to a call on behalf of the NHS.
3. Yesterday the U.S. Senate unanimously backed a $2 trillion bill aimed at helping unemployed workers and industries hurt by the coronavirus epidemic, as well as providing billions of dollars to buy urgently needed medical equipment.
2. Banks have been criticised by firms and MPs for insisting on personal guarantees to issue government-backed emergency loans to business owners.
The requirement loads most of the risk that the loan goes bad on the business owner, rather than the banks.
1. Self-employed workers facing financial difficulties as a result of coronavirus are set to be offered a package of support from the government.
Chancellor Rishi Sunak will unveil the measures later today
The information, investment views and recommendations in this article are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing in this article should be construed as a solicitation to buy or sell any financial product relating to any companies under discussion or to engage in or refrain from doing so or engaging in any other transaction. Any opinions or comments are made to the best of the knowledge and belief of the writer but no responsibility is accepted for actions based on such opinions or comments. Vox Markets may receive payment from companies mentioned for enhanced profiling or publication presence. The writer may or may not hold investments in the companies under discussion.
United Oil and Gas provide a corporate & operational update. Salt Lake Potash Lake Way Earthworks Completion and COVID-19 Update. Frontier IP Group explain their investment strategy. Russ Mould on dividends.
Intelligent Ultrasound Group (MED) has announced that one of its BodyWorks Point-of-Care Ultrasound Simulator (“PoCUS”) has been deployed to the emergency simulation centre at the NHS Nightingale Hospital at London's ExCel centre.
The emergency loans scheme for businesses struggling to survive amid the coronavirus pandemic has been revamped following strong criticism. The Treasury said it had received more than 130,000 loan enquires from firms but fewer than 1,000 had been approved.