5. Netflix has announced it's taking a long-term lease on Shepperton Film Studios near London.
Its plan is to create a dedicated UK production hub, including 14 sound stages, workshops and office space at the site owned by the Pinewood Group.
4. Outspoken economist Nouriel Roubini, nicknamed Dr Doom for his gloomy warnings, has caused a stir with his latest attack on Bitcoin and its fellow cryptocurrencies.
Prof Roubini, who foresaw the financial crisis, says Bitcoin is "overhyped".
3. Asian stocks advanced today, tracking solid gains on Wall Street as data pointed to slowing economic growth in the United States, bolstering the prospect of rate cuts by the Federal Reserve as soon as this month.
2. The National Trust has announced that it will sell off the shares it holds in fossil fuel companies. At present, 4% of its £1bn stock market investment is in such firms.
1. Britain’s economy appears to have shrunk for the first time since late 2012 between April and June.
A gauge of Britain’s huge services industry — the Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) — slipped to 50.2 in June, just above the no-growth level of 50.
The information, investment views and recommendations in this article are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing in this article should be construed as a solicitation to buy or sell any financial product relating to any companies under discussion or to engage in or refrain from doing so or engaging in any other transaction. Any opinions or comments are made to the best of the knowledge and belief of the writer but no responsibility is accepted for actions based on such opinions or comments. Vox Markets may receive payment from companies mentioned for enhanced profiling or publication presence. The writer may or may not hold investments in the companies under discussion.
The UK intellectual property investment group believes this particular partnership will flourish, in part, thanks to UTEQ’s prime location in the “high-tech zone” of Queretaro, cultivating the region’s technology and innovation scene.
On Today's Podcast: Emmerson's Head of Corporate Development Philip Cleggett; Sheldon Modeland, research analyst at Turner Pope Investments; Daniel Rabie, CEO, and Paul Haworth, CFO, of GetBusy
SP Angel research note on commodities and miners, featuring: Condor Gold (CNR LN) – Progress report on permitting IronRidge Resources* (IRR LN) – Zaranou license high-grade gold Petropavlovsk (POG LN) – H1 2019 production results Shanta Gold (SHG LN) – Ilunga underground mine achieved commercial production
BP is to expand its Brazilian biofuels business by combining it with a larger rival in a move that it said would help the transition to lower-carbon energy, British Airways is launching legal action to block its pilots from staging a potentially disruptive walkout this summer
SP Angel research note on commodities and miners, featuring: Galantas Gold (GAL LN) – Kearney Vein intersected on 1060 level of the Omagh mine Petra Diamonds (PDL LN) – Meets production guidance for year to 30th June Serabi Gold (SRB LN) – Production guidance maintained following Q2 results Tri-Star Resources* (TSTR LN) – SPMP report first antimony metal production