5. UK jobs are attracting less interest from European workers, figures released by some of the world's largest job search engines suggest.
The construction and healthcare industries have been the hardest hit.
4. SoftBank Group shares jumped 17% yesterday, adding $14 billion (£10.8 billion) to the Japanese tech investment giant’s market value, after it unveiled a surge in quarterly operating profit and a record share buyback worth $5.46 billion.
3. The Bank of England looks set to trim its forecasts for Britain’s growth today, reflecting the approach of a still uncertain Brexit in just 50 days’ time and a slowdown in many of the world’s big economies.
2. House builders registered plans to build 40,513 new homes in 4th Quarter of 2018 across the UK, up 2% from the same period in 2017, the National House-Building Council said.
That contrasted with 15% percent growth in the third quarter, although that surge was boosted by catch-up work after the beast from the east in early 2018.
1. Theresa May will return to Brussels later to press EU leaders for legally binding changes to the Brexit deal.
The PM will insist the UK will not be "trapped" in the backstop - the plan to avoid the return of Irish border checks should no UK-EU trade deal be in place.
The information, investment views and recommendations in this article are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing in this article should be construed as a solicitation to buy or sell any financial product relating to any companies under discussion or to engage in or refrain from doing so or engaging in any other transaction. Any opinions or comments are made to the best of the knowledge and belief of the writer but no responsibility is accepted for actions based on such opinions or comments. Vox Markets may receive payment from companies mentioned for enhanced profiling or publication presence. The writer may or may not hold investments in the companies under discussion.
On today's podcast: Russ Mould talks about: Strix Group (KETL), Renold (RNO), CVS Group (CVSG) and the US Economy.
Amerisur said: “In light of the high level of recent activity in the Colombian E&P sector, it has decided to conduct a formal review of the various strategic options available to the Company to maximise value for shareholders.”
SP Angel research note on commodities and miners, featuring: BlueRock Diamonds* (BRD LN) – 12.2ct diamond sold for US$105,000 Cora Gold* (CORA LN) – Drilling returns good grades in the sulphide mineralisation at Selin Highland Gold (HGM LN) – Q2 production update Solgold* (SOLG LN) – Expanding the drilling fleet to expedite the PFS
On Today's Podcast: John Meyer talks about Phoenix Copper Limited (PXC), Mkango Resources (MKA) and ARC Minerals (ARCM)