5. The government is being sued for its decision to charter firms to run extra ferries, including one with no ships, in the event of a no-deal Brexit.
Channel Tunnel operator Eurotunnel, said the contracts, revealed after Christmas, were decided in a "secretive and flawed procurement process".
4. Debenhams is understood to have secured a cash injection of around £40m to buy it extra time as it battles to secure a longer term deal with lenders.
3. Chancellor Philip Hammond’s plan to turn the country’s budget deficit into a surplus in the mid-2020s is no longer credible after he relaxed his grip on public spending last year, British lawmakers said today.
2. Democrats and Republicans have reached an agreement in principle over border security to fund the US government and avert another partial shutdown.
1. The UK economy expanded at its slowest annual rate in six years in 2018 after a sharp contraction in December.
Growth in the year was 1.4%, down from 1.8% in 2017 and the slowest rate since 2012, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) said.
The information, investment views and recommendations in this article are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing in this article should be construed as a solicitation to buy or sell any financial product relating to any companies under discussion or to engage in or refrain from doing so or engaging in any other transaction. Any opinions or comments are made to the best of the knowledge and belief of the writer but no responsibility is accepted for actions based on such opinions or comments. Vox Markets may receive payment from companies mentioned for enhanced profiling or publication presence. The writer may or may not hold investments in the companies under discussion.
On today's podcast: Russ Mould talks about: Strix Group (KETL), Renold (RNO), CVS Group (CVSG) and the US Economy.
Amerisur said: “In light of the high level of recent activity in the Colombian E&P sector, it has decided to conduct a formal review of the various strategic options available to the Company to maximise value for shareholders.”
SP Angel research note on commodities and miners, featuring: BlueRock Diamonds* (BRD LN) – 12.2ct diamond sold for US$105,000 Cora Gold* (CORA LN) – Drilling returns good grades in the sulphide mineralisation at Selin Highland Gold (HGM LN) – Q2 production update Solgold* (SOLG LN) – Expanding the drilling fleet to expedite the PFS
On Today's Podcast: John Meyer talks about Phoenix Copper Limited (PXC), Mkango Resources (MKA) and ARC Minerals (ARCM)