5. Jack Ma the Chinese billionaire and co-founder of the online shopping giant Alibaba has continued to argue in favour of a 9am to 9pm working day, and a six-day week.
Without the so-called "996 system" Jack Ma reckons China's economy would, "very likely to lose vitality and impetus".
4. Amazon's website is flooded with fake five-star reviews for products from brands it has never heard of, consumer group Which? has claimed.
3. European Union countries have approved plans for trade talks with the United States.
Donald Trump and the head of the European Commission, Jean-Claude Juncker, agreed last year that they wanted to reduce trade barriers.
2. The former chief executive of the carmaker Volkswagen has been charged in Germany over his involvement in the company's diesel emissions scandal.
Mr Winterkorn is already facing criminal charges in the US, but is unlikely to face trial, as Germany does not extradite its citizens.
1. The United Kingdom has defied the uncertainty over Brexit to land the number one spot in a ranking of how attractive countries are, for business investors over the coming year.
The UK overtook the United States, holder of the top spot since 2014, which was followed by Germany, China and France.
The information, investment views and recommendations in this article are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing in this article should be construed as a solicitation to buy or sell any financial product relating to any companies under discussion or to engage in or refrain from doing so or engaging in any other transaction. Any opinions or comments are made to the best of the knowledge and belief of the writer but no responsibility is accepted for actions based on such opinions or comments. Vox Markets may receive payment from companies mentioned for enhanced profiling or publication presence. The writer may or may not hold investments in the companies under discussion.
On today's podcast: Russ Mould talks about: Strix Group (KETL), Renold (RNO), CVS Group (CVSG) and the US Economy.
Amerisur said: “In light of the high level of recent activity in the Colombian E&P sector, it has decided to conduct a formal review of the various strategic options available to the Company to maximise value for shareholders.”
SP Angel research note on commodities and miners, featuring: BlueRock Diamonds* (BRD LN) – 12.2ct diamond sold for US$105,000 Cora Gold* (CORA LN) – Drilling returns good grades in the sulphide mineralisation at Selin Highland Gold (HGM LN) – Q2 production update Solgold* (SOLG LN) – Expanding the drilling fleet to expedite the PFS
On Today's Podcast: John Meyer talks about Phoenix Copper Limited (PXC), Mkango Resources (MKA) and ARC Minerals (ARCM)