5. Donald Trump has said he will place tariffs on steel and aluminium imports from Brazil and Argentina.
He justified the move saying those countries' weak currencies had made it harder for US food exports to compete.
4. The leak and distribution of classified British-U.S. trade documents online resembles a campaign uncovered this year that originated in Russia, according to experts who say it could signal foreign interference in Britain’s election.
The Labour Party said the classified documents, showed the Conservatives were plotting to sell the NHS in trade talks with Washington.
3. The US is preparing tariffs on $2.4bn (£1.85bn) worth of French exports as retaliation against the country's new digital services tax.
The top US trade official said the new tax, which France approved in July, unfairly targets American tech giants.
2. British manufacturers cut jobs last month at the fastest rate since 2012, a survey showed yesterday, as pressures from Brexit and a global trade slowdown caused the sector's longest decline since the financial crisis.
1. British shoppers picked up the pace of their spending last month.
Excluding Black Friday, adjusted sales rose 0.9% year-on-year, the biggest increase since January.
The information, investment views and recommendations in this article are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing in this article should be construed as a solicitation to buy or sell any financial product relating to any companies under discussion or to engage in or refrain from doing so or engaging in any other transaction. Any opinions or comments are made to the best of the knowledge and belief of the writer but no responsibility is accepted for actions based on such opinions or comments. Vox Markets may receive payment from companies mentioned for enhanced profiling or publication presence. The writer may or may not hold investments in the companies under discussion.
Xpediator discuss the highs and lows from 2019 and what's to come in 2020. Cora Gold discuss their maiden resource at Sanankoro and also provides an update on Hummingbird Resources. Russ Mould talks about the Saudi Aramco IPO & OPEC's latest meeting.
ReNeuron said it was in ongoing discussions with other commercial third parties for potential out-licence deals and Chief Executive, Olav Hellebø, says he expects to announce further deals “in the months ahead.”
Lawrence Stroll, the billionaire owner of the Racing Point Formula One motor racing team, is said to be preparing to bid for a significant stake in Aston Martin, BP has increased its stake in the British solar venture Lightsource BP as it prepares to strike a deal to power its offices with renewable energy from next year
Nuformix (NFX) Chief Executive Officer Dr. Dan Gooding discusses some of the speculation surrounding the leaked article in the press, answers questions investors had regarding upcoming licensing deals, and discusses a potential exit strategy for the company.