5. Theresa May will try to reassure people in Northern Ireland that she can secure a Brexit deal that avoids a hard border with Ireland during a visit later.
4. Construction activity in four regional cities in Britain is at a record high, including a flurry of building projects in Manchester, despite uncertainty about Brexit, accounting firm Deloitte.
3. British consumers picked up the pace of their shopping in January which rose by the most in seven months, giving a bit of relief to retailers after their worst Christmas in a decade
2. Nissan will be forced to reapply for nearly £60m of taxpayer support after backtracking on a promise to build its X-Trail SUV in Sunderland.
The government clarified that Nissan had received £2.6m of the funds, but would have to reapply for the rest.
1. The head of a UN trade panel has warned a US plan to raise tariffs on Chinese goods next month would have "massive" implications for the global economy.
The US plans to increase tariffs on Chinese goods if the two sides fail to make progress on a trade deal by 1 March.
The information, investment views and recommendations in this article are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing in this article should be construed as a solicitation to buy or sell any financial product relating to any companies under discussion or to engage in or refrain from doing so or engaging in any other transaction. Any opinions or comments are made to the best of the knowledge and belief of the writer but no responsibility is accepted for actions based on such opinions or comments. Vox Markets may receive payment from companies mentioned for enhanced profiling or publication presence. The writer may or may not hold investments in the companies under discussion.
On today's podcast: Russ Mould talks about: Strix Group (KETL), Renold (RNO), CVS Group (CVSG) and the US Economy.
Amerisur said: “In light of the high level of recent activity in the Colombian E&P sector, it has decided to conduct a formal review of the various strategic options available to the Company to maximise value for shareholders.”
SP Angel research note on commodities and miners, featuring: BlueRock Diamonds* (BRD LN) – 12.2ct diamond sold for US$105,000 Cora Gold* (CORA LN) – Drilling returns good grades in the sulphide mineralisation at Selin Highland Gold (HGM LN) – Q2 production update Solgold* (SOLG LN) – Expanding the drilling fleet to expedite the PFS
On Today's Podcast: John Meyer talks about Phoenix Copper Limited (PXC), Mkango Resources (MKA) and ARC Minerals (ARCM)