5. Legal & General has teamed up with Amazon to establish what it said is the first blockchain system for corporate pension deals.
The insurer said it would use a managed blockchain system launched by Amazon Web Services (AWS) to handle bulk annuities, which involve Legal & General taking over companies’ defined benefit or final salary pension schemes.
4. Uber has has selected Melbourne as the third pilot city for its air taxi programme, joining Dallas and Los Angeles.
Test flights are due to start from 2020, with the aim of launching commercial operations from 2023.
3. Landlords and other creditors will meet today to vote on revised proposals to save Sir Philip Green's Arcadia retail empire, which include the brands Topshop, Miss Selfridge, Burton, Dorothy Perkins, Evans and Wallis.
Sir Philip has warned that Arcadia could fall into administration if the new proposals are not approved.
2. Greenhouse gas emissions in the UK will be cut to almost zero by 2050, under the terms of a new government plan to tackle climate change.
Britain is the first major nation to propose this target - and it has been widely praised by green groups.
1. Wage growth beat expectations in the three months from February to April rising by 3.4%.
The unemployment rate remained at 3.8%, and has not been lower since the October to December 1974 period.
The information, investment views and recommendations in this article are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing in this article should be construed as a solicitation to buy or sell any financial product relating to any companies under discussion or to engage in or refrain from doing so or engaging in any other transaction. Any opinions or comments are made to the best of the knowledge and belief of the writer but no responsibility is accepted for actions based on such opinions or comments. Vox Markets may receive payment from companies mentioned for enhanced profiling or publication presence. The writer may or may not hold investments in the companies under discussion.
Arix Bioscience discusses recent news released by two of their portfolio investments, Autolus & Harpoon. Vadim Alexandre covers Novacyt, Genedrive, Omega Diagnostics & Avacta.
One study showed that ferric maltol, a component of Feraccru/Accrufer, was ‘well tolerated’ by a majority of pulmonary hypertension sufferers and had resulted in ‘significant improvements’ in iron status and haemoglobin levels after 12 weeks.
Portugal's foreign minister has said anyone in the UK thinking of going to Portugal this summer would be "most welcome" amid coronavirus. Augusto Santos Silva said tourists will be warned how full beaches are so that they can avoid crowded spots.