5. A Boeing whistleblower has claimed that passengers on its 787 Dreamliner could be left without oxygen if the cabin were to suffer a sudden decompression.
John Barnett says tests suggest up to a quarter of the oxygen systems could be faulty and might not work when needed.
4. U.S. imports from China have fallen by $53 billion through the first nine months of the year, compared with the same time period last year whilst U.S. exports to China are down $14.5 billion over the same time frame.
But on a relative basis, the U.S. losses look more severe: U.S. exports to China are down 15.5% compared with the same period a year ago, a bigger drop than the 13.5% fall for Chinese imports.
3. Small British manufacturing firms are their most pessimistic since just after the Brexit referendum in 2016 as they face political uncertainty at home and trade wars abroad, according to The Confederation of British Industry.
2. British new car registrations fell by 6.7% on the year to October according to the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders.
However alternatively fuelled vehicles reach record 9.9% market share.
1. Campaigning in the general election will officially begin today, after Parliament was dissolved in the early hours of the morning.
Boris Johnson will see the Queen at Buckingham Palace later to mark the start of the election period in the run-up to the 12 December poll.
The information, investment views and recommendations in this article are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing in this article should be construed as a solicitation to buy or sell any financial product relating to any companies under discussion or to engage in or refrain from doing so or engaging in any other transaction. Any opinions or comments are made to the best of the knowledge and belief of the writer but no responsibility is accepted for actions based on such opinions or comments. Vox Markets may receive payment from companies mentioned for enhanced profiling or publication presence. The writer may or may not hold investments in the companies under discussion.
SP Angel research note on commodities and miners, featuring: Ferro-Alloy Resources Limited (FAR LN) – Fall in vanadium pentoxide price prompts management to look for new funding Resolute Mining (RSG LN) – Bibiani review Sirius Minerals (SXX LN) – A Siriusly sorry Christmas Carol Vast Resources* (VAST LN) 0.29p, Mkt Cap £29m – Exposure to copper and rough diamonds in Romania and Zimbabwe
Colin Bird Executive Chairman of Xtract Resources (XTR) talks about the Alluvial Collaboration Agreement with Nexus and provides a general update Russ Mould, Investment Director at stockbroker AJ Bell talks about: the Election Result, Macro and UK stocks Alan Green talks about 4 stocks
Mammoth Biosciences is a US-based biotech company that developed the world's first CRISPR-based detection platform capable of sensing any biomarker or disease with DNA/RNA backed by investors that include Mayfield, NFX, 8VC, AME Cloud, Wireframe, Kairos, along with Tim Cook, Brook Byers, Bob Nelsen, and Jeff Huber.
“It has given us substantial financial flexibility at a highly competitive rate of interest in the last three years as we have successfully carried out our multi-well Niger drilling campaign and completed the Seven Energy transaction."
Tim McCarthy, Chairman of ImmuPharma (IMM) discusses the deal with US-based Avion Pharmaceuticals, the agreement with Lanstead Capital and what the future holds for ImmuPharma regarding new trial design as well as anticipated upcoming milestones.
The hedge fund owned by the billionaire investor and anti-Brexit donor George Soros has made a £16m bet against shares in the owner of the Daily Mail newspaper, Ocado has said its product range will be 50% bigger and offer lower prices and better quality products when it switches from Waitrose to Marks & Spencer next year,
SPAngel research note on commodities and miners, featuring: Base Resources (BSE LN) – Toliara DFS confirms PFS estimates Premier African Minerals* (PREM LN) – Fundraising Resolute Mining (RSG LN) – Drilling results from Tabakoroni