Alba holds significant interests in the UK onshore oil & gas sector (at Horse Hill and Brockham) and its principal mining assets are situated in Greenland (Thule Black Sands and Amitsoq Graphite) and in the UK (Clogau Gold).
Alba’s diversified asset and investment portfolio provides access to a range of assets with the potential to add significant value for the Company’s shareholders:
– Amitsoq graphite (Alba 90%): high-grade graphite comprising a former mine with drill-ready targets;
– Thule Black Sands (Alba 100%): ilmenite confirmed over 4sqkm of Alba’s licence area;
– Melville Bay iron ore (Alba 51%): previously drilled project with a JORC resources of 67MT @ 31.4% Fe;
– Inglefield Land multi-commodity project (Alba 100%): potential for copper, cobalt, gold and nickel, adjacent to Nuna Minerals highly prospective Ingelfield Land licences.
Oil & Gas
– Horse Hill oil & gas (Alba 9.75%): flow from exploration well of over 1600 bopd. Long-term flow tests designed to confirm commerciality awaited Q4 2017;
– Brockham oil & gas (Alba 5%): previously producing oil field, re-commencement of production expected Q4 2017.
Alba’s overall technical and corporate strategy is to identify and acquire natural resource projects it believes to have good potential and to advance them expediently. This will be achieved by the controlled design and execution of a cost-effective generative process utilising data acquisition, GIS data analysis and exploration programme planning, led by our internal technical team and, where appropriate, through the support of external technical consultants. The Board has extensive natural resource experience and a strong corporate development track record.
Alba continues actively to review other project opportunities which have value-enhancing potential for the Company whether by acquisition, farm in or joint venture in a range of jurisdictions around the world.