Kirk Adams of GreenRoc discusses their significant maiden ore graphite resource in Greenland
Kirk Adams CEO of GreenRoc Mining #GROC discusses the significant maiden ore resource at the Amitsoq Graphite Project in southern Greenland, one of the highest-grade graphite deposits in the world.
· A maiden combined Indicated and Inferred JORC Resource has been defined at Amitsoq of 8.28 million tonnes (Mt) at an average grade of 19.75%, giving a total graphite content of 1.63 Mt.
· This includes a particularly high-grade contribution from the Lower Graphite Layer of 3.67 Mt at a grade of 21.19%, for 0.775 Mt of contained graphite.
· This Maiden Resource confirms Amitsoq's position as one of the highest-grade graphite deposits globally and supports the Company's objective of fast tracking the Project into the development phase.
· The total graphite content of 1.63 Mt outlined by the Maiden Resource exceeds the upper end of the tonnage range in the previously declared Amitsoq Exploration Target (which implied between 0.408 to 1.620 Mt of contained graphite from the entire target area).
· Over 25% of the contained graphite in the Maiden Resource falls within the higher category of Indicated Resources, providing additional confidence that a more significant, high-category Resource can be established following the forthcoming Phase 2 drilling campaign.
· Planning and procurement for the Phase 2 drilling campaign at Amitsoq is well underway with appointment of contractors due to be finalised this month.
· The deposit is open along strike (predominantly to the north) and down dip to the west, and this will be tested in the Phase 2 drilling programme this year.
· Metallurgical testing confirms that the Amitsoq graphite can be upgraded to a more than 99.95% pure graphite product, which is the specification requirement for EV lithium-ion batteries (the ultra-high growth sector of the graphite market).
GreenRoc Mining Plc is an AIM-quoted company which is developing mining projects in Greenland in critical and high-demand minerals. Led by a group of highly experienced mining industry professionals, GreenRoc has a portfolio of 100% owned projects: Amitsoq (Graphite); Thule Black Sands (Ilmenite); Melville Bay (Iron Ore); and Inglefield (Multi-Element).
Disclaimer & Declaration of Interest
The information, investment views and recommendations in this article are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing in this article should be construed as a solicitation to buy or sell any financial product relating to any companies under discussion or to engage in or refrain from doing so or engaging in any other transaction. Any opinions or comments are made to the best of the knowledge and belief of the writer but no responsibility is accepted for actions based on such opinions or comments. Vox Markets may receive payment from companies mentioned for enhanced profiling or publication presence. The writer may or may not hold investments in the companies under discussion.