Jason Tebb & Clive Beattie discuss OnTheMarket's Interims which saw revenue increasing by 46% to £14.9m
Jason Tebb & Clive Beattie discuss OnTheMarket's Interims that saw revenue increase by 46% to £14.9m
Jason Tebb, CEO & Clive Beattie, CFO of OnTheMarket #OTMP discuss their interim results which saw revenue increase by 46% to £14.9m and average revenue per property advertiser increase by 52%.
HIGHLIGHTS OF INTERIM RESULTS FOR THE SIX MONTHS ENDED 31 JULY 2021
· Revenue and ARPA up 46% and 52% respectively. Adjusting for COVID-19 H1 20/21 related customer support discounts of £1.8m, revenue and ARPA growth still strong at 24% and 28% respectively.
· Adjusted operating profit increased 163% to £2.1m, despite increases of 105% in marketing expenditure, to £4.5m, and 28% in staff costs, to £4.7m.
· Profit after tax of £0.5m, reduced by non-recurring costs arising from the Glanty acquisition, the repayment of government grants and an increase in non-cash share-based agent recruitment charges.
· Strong balance sheet retained with cash generated from operating activities of £2.6m after repaying CJRS loans of £0.4m (H1 20/21: £2.9m, after receiving CJRS loans of £0.3m). Period-end net cash was £9.9m, with no borrowings (31 January 2021: £10.7m before deferred creditor payments of £0.4m).
· Average monthly advertisers listed were down 5% period on period, reflecting a reduction in H2 20/21 as agents on long-term free of charge contracts were asked to migrate to paying contracts. Since 31 January 2021, agency branches listing have risen 5% and new homes developments listed by 6%.
· Increased branches listed under paying contracts, up 3% since 31 January 2021 to 10,190 at 31 July 2021.
· Continued strong operational performance, with traffic and average monthly leads per advertiser up versus both H1 and H2 20/21.
· Significant progress in strategy to build a differentiated, technology-enabled property business, with the acquisition of Glanty, new commercial partnerships and new website functionality and lead types.
OnTheMarket plc, the majority agent-owned company which operates the OnTheMarket.com property portal, is a leading UK residential property portal provider.
Its objective is to create value for shareholders and property advertiser customers by delivering an agent-backed, technology-enabled portal - offering a first-class service to agents and new homes developers at sustainably fair prices and becoming the go-to portal for serious property-seekers.
OnTheMarket provides a unique opportunity for agents to participate in the equity value of their own portal. Agent backing and support enable OnTheMarket to display "New & Exclusive" properties to serious property-seekers 24 hours or more before agents release these properties to other portals.
Disclaimer & Declaration of Interest
The information, investment views and recommendations in this article are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing in this article should be construed as a solicitation to buy or sell any financial product relating to any companies under discussion or to engage in or refrain from doing so or engaging in any other transaction. Any opinions or comments are made to the best of the knowledge and belief of the writer but no responsibility is accepted for actions based on such opinions or comments. Vox Markets may receive payment from companies mentioned for enhanced profiling or publication presence. The writer may or may not hold investments in the companies under discussion.